Date: Wednesday, 21 June 2017
Venue: AG434, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Time: 5:30 – 7:05 pm
During this seminar and awards presentation, we celebrate the achievements of three postgraduate students in winning awards from HAAL.
• Fawzia Braine Award: Mr. Mark Feng Teng
• Richard Pemberton Award for Postgraduate Student Travel: Mr. Daniel Recktenwald
• HAAL Postgraduate Student Grant for Overseas Conference Presentation: Ms. Cindy Yu
The three award recipients will be delivering short presentations on their papers on Jun 21 (Wed) at 5:30pm in Rm AG 434 at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
• 5:30pm-5:40pm: Introductions and Prize Presentation
• 5:40pm-6:15pm: Mark Feng Teng: Immediate and delayed effects of embedded metacognitive instruction on Chinese EFL students’ English writing and regulation of cognition
• 6:15pm-6:40pm: Daniel Recktenwald: Participation framework(s) on Twitch
• 6:40pm-7:05pm: Cindy Yu: Genre analysis of professional training logbooks in the construction industry
Refreshments Served. All are Welcome with Limited Seats Available.
Following the seminar, you are invited to a self-paying dinner with the speaker. Thank you.