A professional, non-political organization for applied linguists to promote applied linguistics in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong Association for Applied Linguistics
- Feb 14, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM GMT+8WebinarSal Consoli, (Research) Assistant Professor, Department of English and Communication, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Membership of HAAL entitles you to
• Attendance of at least seven seminars every year;
• Participation in a biennial HAAL conference;
• Application for grants for overseas conference presentations (for research postgraduate student members);
• Opportunities for prestigious awards, including the Fawzia Braine Memorial Award for the Best Journal Article Published by a Novice Scholar;
• Affiliation with well-established teachers’ networks through our affiliation with MELTA, KOTESOL, and ELTAI; and
• Participation in an annual social event.
Annual Student Membership:
Three-year Discount Membership:
* In May 2013, HAAL signed a formal Memorandum of Understanding with The Malaysian English Language Teaching Association (MELTA). The memorandum was exchanged in Johor Bahru at the 22nd Malaysian English Language Teaching Association International Conference by HAAL treasurer Fiona Hyland and the MELTA president. The memorandum allows HAAL and MELTA to enter into collaborative activities and to support each other’s conferences.